The SIMTWIST Project has the following objectives:
1) Assess water availability in each case-study area.
2) Estimate current tourism-related water consumption.
3) Explore prospects of water scarcity (using exploratory scenarios of climate change, policy interventions, etc.)
4) Examine the interactions between water, social power and infrastructure through hydrosocial cycle analysis.
5) Determine key behavioral rules guiding decision-making of water consumption in the tourist sector by a participatory modelling approach.
6) Test the effectiveness of intervention options for the reduction of water consumption, through agent-based modelling (ABM) simulations.